Formatting for 'blocks' of text on multiple lines not getting applied properly when using Wiki Editor

When using the Wiki Editor if you select several lines of text at once and select bold, underline or italic the wiki markup isn't getting applied correctly.

For example if you have 4 lines of text like this :-

line1

line2

line3

line4

and then select them all and select B for bold the following results appear :-

*line1

line2

line3

line4*

This doesn't cause the text to become bold but just changes it so that line 1 has a * at the start and line 4 has a * at the end.

The proper markup should be with a * at the start and end of each line :-

*line1*

*line2*

*line3*

*line4*

Similar issue occur for underline + and italic _

The obvious workaround is to format each line separately but just wondered if there is a known fix or any plans to get the formatting working when multiple lines are selected.

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

We ran into this too. Lack of good support for rich-text editing is very frustrating!

Same here, cannot believe that in 21st century we still run into that kind of issues o_O

;)

Gil Edri I'm New Here Mar 07, 2018

+1

At least, I'd expect the Bold command in the toolbar to be aware of this and add the *'s on every line.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

115 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you