Forge app share install

Dang Thi Thuy Tien
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2021

Hi, 
I try to share the forge app with another site.
Following these steps:

1. Go to console page https://developer.atlassian.com/console/myapps
  2. Select app -> Distribution
  3. Distribution controls: Edit to sharing
  4. Installation link: Clicking for the Jira app

5. Copy the link and upload it to another site

==> Get the error when installing in another site
Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 14.04.48.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 14.05.05.png

Cheers,
Tien Dang

2 answers

2 votes
shess February 16, 2022

We have had the same issue. But solved it. It was just a misunderstanding on how to use the installation link. Some of our coworkers are more familiar with Connect apps and tried to install it by pasting the link into UPM.

So for all Connect people out there: Just open the installation link in your favourite browser. :-)

1 vote
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2021

Hello @Dang Thi Thuy Tien ,

Before going any further please let me mention that this is not the right place to ask questions about Forge. The best place is the Forge section in the Developers Community:

For the rest, can you review the steps in the Distribute your apps Forge, specifically step 5:

Select which Atlassian products you want your user to install your app on.

(!) Note that this affects where users can install your app. For example, if you select both Jira and Confluence, your user can only install it on sites running both Jira and Confluence. You must also tell your user to install it on both products; otherwise, it won’t work as expected.

Also, I can see you have access to 2 different sites:

• vaxxxxxx.atlassian.net
  • tixxxxxxx.atlassian.net

On which one of the above sites are you trying to install the app and it fails? 

Please let me know.

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders