Force the reporter field to default to current user when creating an issue

Mark Lembo April 30, 2012

Is there a way to force the "reporter" field to default to the current user when a user is creating an issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2012

Just remove the reporter field in the create screen. It will default to the current user.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2012

Even if it's on the the screen it should default to the current user. Perhaps the O/P means the assignee...?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2012

Yeah, right.

Mark Lembo May 1, 2012

Wow, I feel foolish. I didn't even think to go down that route, simply because in an older version of JIRA I had been using on a previous project the default settings were that the field would appear on the create issue page, and default to the current user. Ultimately, I performed your suggestion and it worked perfect. Thanks again.

Suggest an answer