FixVersion as a required field in sub-tasks

Deleted user July 19, 2011

I faced a wierd behavior today. We show Fix Version field on the resolve Issue screen only in our JIRA Studio instance. Since some developers were not adding to this field while fixing issues, I made that mandatory today. My assumption was, since the field is visible only on the Resolve Issue screen, it will be mandatory while fixing the issues and not while creating them. But it is now expecting the FixVersion while creating all kinds of issues.

Strangly, while doing the same from GreenHopper on the same instance, it doesn't want the fix version.

Is there something that I've missed or is this a bug in the system?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2011

Making it mandatory will make it mandatory on all the screens irrespective of where it is actually present.

You can instead make it mandatory on the workflow transition, Resolve Issue in your case, using Fields Required workflow validator from JIRA Suit Utilities plugin.

Deleted user July 21, 2011

Thanks Jobin.

I'm quite a noob on JIRA. Can you please elaborate on this? Also, I'm not sure if the plugin you mentioned is available on JIRA Studio (our mode of JIRA Application)

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2011

I guess JIRA Suit Utilities was available in Studio but not sure about its current status. You will find how to add a validator here. And more on the validator I was talking about here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events