Fix removed status after project import?

Hi

After a project import in JIRA it seems like old transitions in history are corrupt because it says "removed status" -> "removed status" in the transition tab. If I look in the history tab I can see what the transitions were and the "from status ID" -> "to status ID". However the status ID's are old and not the same as the current status ID's of the same status. This completely corrupt some statistics and reports.

Is there a way of updating those entries in the database so they become valid again?

3 answers

Hi Linus, Atlassian never recommends making changes to the database directly. If done, they would not support. But based on your scenario, try to import / create a new workflow and assign to to the project. This is much easier than updating the databse. Regards, Sateesh

Well that will not alter the history of things. The problem seems to be that there are entries in history that say the issue was transitioned from Status X [10010] to Status Y [10011] for example. The identical Status X now has id [40312) and Status Y has [40313] and those show up perfectly fine in the history. If I assign the project to a new workflow it will not be valid for old entries.

I will add some pictures to this question. Perhaps it will make it more clear.

Here are the Transitions where some are considered removed the 20th of August.

Removed status.png

Here is the history that show the IDn from 20th of August. The same status's now have different IDn and I can't figure out how to change the wrong history.

Removed status IDn.png

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

64 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you