Finding broken filters in Cloud without API Calls

Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2024

For most of us, long gone are the times where we could repair JQL filters via the database. With our recent move to Cloud we are now facing the challenge of 

1. finding broken filters automatically 

2. repairing them in Bulk

Luckily we've foreseen this and updated statuses, custom fields and such still on Data Center. With the recent changes to Epic Link / Parent fields though, I know for a fact that some of our filters are broken because they've not been updated automatically. Parent field has been populated automatically but filters still refer to Epic Link.

What defines a broken filter you might ask? -> If you open it in the UI and you get an Error message in red and no results.

There have been some interesting suggestions finding broken filters via API Calls in this thread: Solved: How Can I find all the broken filters and their ow... (atlassian.com)

However, I am looking for a solution which requires less hacking & more UI. 

Does anyone know of a Marketplace App or another solution to find broken filters?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2024
Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 21, 2024

Sorry for the late answer!

The App itself looks great. However for filters they only have one health check: Screenshot 2024-05-21 091610.png

Update: In the Filter Overview all Columns can be filtered. Therefore you can do a contains-search on the JQL Query and it should do the trick :) 
Won't update the filters like a DB statement would but I can at least find the broken ones!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events