Finding and Removing a User from Watcher Lists in Jira

Kevin Lu July 26, 2024

Dear Jira Experts,

One of my co-workers has been reassigned to another department and will no longer need to use Jira.

However, many issues (tickets) have him listed as a Watcher. In this case, how do I find all the issues where he is a Watcher so I can remove him from the Watcher list?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2024

Hi Kevin,

You can run a query in the search for Watcher = account ID or name of user

Then click the 3 dots menu and select Bulk change. Follow the prompts to choose all of the issues. Then Choose Stop Watching Issues. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2024

I think that only the user themselves can use the Stop Watching option in Bulk Change. I don't think one user can use that to remove another user from the Watchers list of multiple issues.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2024

Doh! Yes, forgot to mention that you need to have the user do that. 

And now that I think about it, just have them do

Watcher = currentUser()

Thanks @Trudy Claspill !!!!

Like Trudy Claspill likes this

Suggest an answer