Find which workflows that uses a specific validation plugin

We have some old plugins that we want to stop using since JIRA now contains the functionallity these plugins provide.

Is there an easy way to find which workflows are using these plugins?

I have tried to look in an xml backup, but the backup is very large so it is hard to do it this way.

We also have a lot of workflows so it would be a lot of job to export each workflow to an xml.

Is there a way to export all workflows to one XML?

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi, Michael,

You mentioned all the possible options as I guess. XML backup is the best I think - all in one place. But.. workflows are stored as a CLOB on database, so try to build sql query to select it.

I used the following SQL question to find which workflows and workflowschemes that used the plugin

SELECT 
  workflowscheme.name,
  workflowschemeentity.scheme,
  issuetype.pname,
  workflowschemeentity.issuetype
FROM 
  issuetype,
  workflowschemeentity,
  workflowscheme
WHERE 
issuetype.id = workflowschemeentity.issuetype and
workflowscheme.id = workflowschemeentity.scheme and
  workflowschemeentity.workflow in
	(SELECT 
		jiraworkflows.workflowname
	FROM 
		jiraworkflows
	WHERE 
		jiraworkflows.descriptor like '%com.company.plugin%');

Thanks for this SQL. Helped me for checking if "JIRA Workflow Toolbox" plugin used or not. Murat

Go to the workflows section in the administration area. Right click on the XML link beside all the workflows you want to search and save them as a files to your local computer. Then search each file for what you need.

If you don't know what text to search for in the workflow then create a test workflow and add functionality from the plugin to it. See what got added to that one. From there you should be able to figure our your search string(s).

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

850 views 3 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you