Find test cases that are attached to a specific story through tasks

Artemy Matvienko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2017

I just installed ScriptRunner and I'm looking for a JQL filter for finding test case issues that are attached to a specific story through tasks. I'm not sure how to achieve this "parent.parent" type of connection check needed for this.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2017

You have to use 

linkedIssuesOf(Subquery, [link to testcases])

in the Subquery something like this

issuetype = Task and hasLinks([link to stories])

Artemy Matvienko
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2017

I tried something like this:
issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf('"issuetype = Task" and hasLinks("blocks")', 'tested by')

But it's giving me an error: 

• Error in scripted function: linkedIssuesOf, see below
  • NoViableAltException(7@[])
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2017

try like this

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("issuetype = Task and issueFunction in hasLinks(\"blocks\")", "tested by")

Suggest an answer