Find issues that are not currently blocked

Don Vaughn November 12, 2019

one can use issueLinkType() to find issues that block other issues, but I'm not clear how to filter OUT cases when the blocking issue was been Closed (and thus isn't really blocking anymore).

2 answers

1 vote
Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2019

@don you can use  JQL Search Extensions for Jira & reports , it will fulfill your needs.

Following query is for cloud version 

Find all issues which are blocked by another issue

linkType = "is blocked by"

Reference

https://jqlsearchextensions.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SEARCH/pages/3375124/JQL+Reference+Cloud#JQLReference(Cloud)-LinkedIssueType

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 12, 2019

Hello Don,

Sadly, issueLinkType() function only allows you to specify the link description but not the status of the destination issues, so you can not remove from your filter those issue that are currently blocked by Done issues.

You must go for a third-party app, ie. using JQL Booster Pack (FREE) you can type the following:

- Retrieve all issues blocked by unresolved issues

issue IN linkedIssuesOf("resolution IS EMPTY", "blocks")

Hope this helps,

Regards

Don Vaughn November 20, 2019

Thanks Jack-

That was exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately we use Jira Cloud (not server) which JQL i guess doesn't support. Did you have any other recommendation that was similar?

Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 21, 2019

Sure!

You can get the same behaviour via ScriptRunner Enhanced Search by Script Runner for Jira Cloud

Suggest an answer