Find issue jql query only returns 50 results

J_D December 7, 2022
  1. At EPIC, edit, link issue - child of, search for an issue 
  2. Click on the link Advanced Search from the Find JIRA issues window.
  3. Enter the specific JQL query and select the issues. <- only 50 issues is listed.

How so I list all issues matching the query?

I need to link all of them to one issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2022

If you click on "next page" you should see the next 50.

J_D December 7, 2022

I did not see next page.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2022

If you don't have any numbers and the next page > at the bottom right of the issue navigator, then the query is returning fewer than 50 issues and you don't need to use next page.

J_D December 7, 2022

When I use the search from - view issues - advanced search - results returned was 71.

When I use the search from - epic - edit - link issue - search - advanced then the result was just 50.

J_D December 7, 2022
  • I have tried different way, both not showing full list of issues.

Screenshot_20221207_222947_TeamViewer.jpg

Screenshot_20221207_222425_TeamViewer.jpg

Screenshot_20221207_223054_TeamViewer.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2022

Ah, yes, I'm sorry, I did not quite understand where you were looking.

I'm afraid that box is limited (to an arbitrary 50 because it's a round number to humans who tend to use decimal) to prevent performance issues.  The only way to get to your result is to put in more of the search to narrow it down more, so that it falls within the 50 limit.

Suggest an answer