Filters returning 0 issues incorrectly

DeniseThompson397 February 23, 2015

I am running some Filters which are incorrectly displaying 0 issues returned.  My colleagues run the same filter successfully.  They have exactly the same access.   Sometimes the Filters will return issues but 5 minutes later I get an incorrect display again.  I can export the filter to a spreadsheet and all the issues export correctly.  Is that because the JQL is not working but the "search request" is a different function so it works?

Also, some of my filters work fine, consistently.  It seems to be the only ones where I use "key in linkedissuesfromFilter or linkedissuesfromQuery.   The admin people say this is probably an indexing problem.  Any other ideas on what might explain this behaviour??

2 answers

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2015
  1. Yes, it is most likely an indexing problem. If you can see the issues when exported in excel then it is sure to be that. perform a full reindexing and check again.
  2. Another possibility canbe that some issues are under security control and those issues you do not have permission to see. Thats why it does not appear in your search but it appearswhen logged in with some one else's account.
  3. Finally, lookslike you are using some scripted function like linkedissuesfromQuery which is supplied by plugins like script runner and JQL tricks. I have had problems with them before, so i suggest you raise it with them (vendor) and check. 

If the problem is with out of box JQL queries then it is most likely to be one of the first two causes.

Rahul

0 votes
Shanye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2015

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that the "search request" is a different function - are you running the filters in different places in JIRA, or are you always using the issue search feature in JIRA to run the JQL? It looks like you're using a nested query in the JQL, also, so I'm wondering if the search is timing out before it gets a result set and just returning 0 results instead of displaying an error. It might be worth reproducing the problem, then checking your log files (JIRA-HOME/log/atlassian.jira.log would be a good place to start) to see if any errors are showing up.

Suggest an answer