Filters on Release Versions?

Bar T April 12, 2018

Some teams are using "Release Version" instead of "fix version" field. Is there a way to filter to show what issues have been deferred/pushed out from the "release version"? This is easily done when using the FixVersion field with parameters such as "from fixVersion 1.1" .

2 answers

0 votes
Bar T April 13, 2018

Ok, I think "Release Version" is a custom field! That is probably why you can't filter and do a lot of things with this.

Can someone confirm they don't see this as a default field on their Jira? Also, do you manage your releases with Fix Version field? 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2018

How are you recording the "release version"?

Bar T April 13, 2018

I attached a screenshot to try to explain. I'm also voting to use FixVersion field because:

1) You can filter on this field better (all tickets deferred "from version 1.1")

2. The link to Releases in the side panel actually pull up all issues mapped to the FixVersion.

We see it as "These 100 tickets are to be fixed and released under FixVersion 1.1".

The issues is the dev team wants to use "Release Version" field for the version that is going out to the field instead of "Fix Version", which you can't easily filter on and it doesn't show up under "Releases" the same way.

Fix_vs_Release_Version.png

Suggest an answer