Filtering from and to without showing all previous statuses

Ross Ramsay December 15, 2021

Hi, 

I have a project set up for business case approval, so it has various approval/rejection steps. I am creating a dash to show when something has been rejected at a specific status/step. 

I can do this fine, however if I use -

In "Filter Results" gadget 1

project in ("Cases") AND status changed from ("XXXXX Approval") to (Declined)

then in "Filter Results" gadget 2 use

project in ("Cases") AND status changed from ("YYYYY Approval") to (Declined)

I return the same issue in both filter results as it goes through XXXX to get to YYYY.

I want it so only when it moves from status X to declined it shows up. And then a separate filter to show those from Y to declined. Is this possible?. 

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2021

Hi @Ross Ramsay -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Yes, that is possible.  Please look at this example in the documentation for a how-to:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-operators/#Advancedsearchingoperatorsreference-CHANGEDCHANGED

Kind regards,
Bill

Ross Ramsay January 6, 2022

Hi Bill, I already tried using FROM and TO but it still returns everything as they were once in the previous status. So this doesn't work I'm afraid. 

Best Regards, 

Ross.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2022

Please try to simplify your queries and try it in advanced search to see if you get what you expect.  For example, remove any extraneous parentheses.

• project = "Cases" AND status CHANGED FROM "XXXXX Approval" TO "Declined"
  • project = "Cases" AND status CHANGED FROM "YYYYY Approval" TO "Declined"

If you get the same issues for both, please select an example issue and look at the history.  Check if in fact the issue did meet both conditions.

Suggest an answer