Filtering EPICS in Agile Board

I created an Agile Board to track EPICs/Stories. I wanted to filter EPICs (in the left panel) based on some quick filters. So I could define some themes as Quick Filters, and clicking on a Theme I wanted to show EPICS which belong only to that theme? Is it possible?

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

It isn't possible yet. There is an Improvement request in GHS-6949. We recommend you to vote the request to increase the popularity and watch the request for future updates.

I figured out a way to filter epics by component in backlog. Here are the steps: Go to Backlog -> click on "..." icon on the very top right corner -> click on board settings -> under "Saved filter", click on hyperlink "Edit Filter Query". -> it takes you to a new page, in the filter section on the top, click on "More" dropdown, in the dropdown select "Component", a "component" option appears and set it to your desired component -> click "Save" that now appears on top of the page -> now go back to your backlog, without clicking on any filters, you should see both the epics and the issue already only displaying those in the desired component.

This took me way too long to figure out, so I want to share with the community. Hopefully this will help someone in the future!

emon I'm New Here Thursday

After clicking on the "Edit Filter Query" it took me to a new page but i couldn't find dropdown which named as"More" Can you post a screenshot please?

Hi @Prashant Jain6@Zulfadli Noor Sazali@Christian Czaia [Decadis AG]

We've implemented this feature in the Agile Board Filter for JIRA Software add-on

panels.png

Soon we'll be releasing new filters

• Uncompleted
  • Unestimated

Uncompleted.png

Hi @Przemyslaw Chudzinski [extensi],

Would it be possible to filter the epics based on their labels or other properties of the Epic?

Hi @Olof Robertson,

Right now its possible to filter by epic name/key only.

Soon we'll be releasing filter by project KEY and 4 extra filters:

1. Uncompleted (at least 1 open issue)
  2. Unestimated (at least 1 unestimated  issue)
  3. Empty (without any issues)
  4. NonEmpty (exclude empty epics)

Any other kind of filtering requires JQL usage and its quite complex implementation and a lot of jira hacking :) But yes its possible.

Cheers

Przemyslaw

Can you provide an example of filtering Epics by label?  For example, we have Epics in a single project with the labels persona:data_architect and persona:business_analyst.  I would like to create quick filter buttons to filter accordingly, not the just stories, but the epics as well.  Thanks!

Our upcoming version will use full JQL filtering so you'll be able to do that.

Drop me an email on info@extensi.io and I'll notify you once is released.

editor.pngfull filtering.png

PS. What do you think about the UI - any suggestions?

Any support for JIRA Cloud ?

Hi @Lineker Tomazeli

No, that won't happen. 

There is no API to do that.

can someone respond on this query?

You can't filter Epics on an agile board with quick filters since the quick filters only apply on the stories in your backlog.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

158 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you