Filter to see tickets assigned by someone else than me

Pierre Dethioux November 8, 2022

Hi everyone,

I'm using Jira on a daily basis to solve problems that clients report to my team.

I usually choose my own tickets and assign them to myself but sometimes, other team's members assign tickets to me.

To have a quick view of those tickets, I'd like to add a filter showing me the tickets I've been assigned to by someone else than me. I tried different settings but I haven't been able to get the results I want so far.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Pierre

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2022

There are some holes with this but might give it a try...

Assignee = currentuser() and NOT (assignee changed by currentuser())

one hole here is if the issue was assigned at the time of creation since the above is only finding issues where the assignee was updated post creation. It comes dow to how accurate you need to be and if filtering out the 'don't cares' manually post results is acceptable.

Hi, that's a pretty good start, I'll take that!

Thank you!

Like Jack Brickey likes this
2 votes
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 8, 2022

Hi @Pierre Dethioux 

What hosting type do you use? Have you tried filtering by reporter? Something like the query below:

Assignee = YourName AND reporter !=YourName

For cloud users, I can also suggest Issue History for Jira add-on (developed by my team) where you can easily filter past activities for the list of issues.

Thank you

0 votes
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2022

Hi @Pierre Dethioux 

This information is held in the issues change history and won't be available in filters. You can see the details in an issues History panel.

What platform and plugins are you using? If you have a tool like scriptrunner it is possible to get at the info and maybe show in a scripted field. Although it's probably a big overhead to search this history too often when displaying tickets.

Hi Tom,

Too bad, this would have make things easier for us. I know I can find the information in the history but this mean I have to click on the ticket then click on history on every ticket to see that. That's the thing I tried to avoid with a filter...

I'm using Jira on Microsoft edge via a URL linked to the company I work for.
Since you can filter by a lot of paramaters, I thought a "assigned by a team member != current user" would have been cool.

We'll have to continue to notify ourselves by teams or mail when we give a ticket to one another then.

Thank you for your answer anyway.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events