Filter to find issues with a comma in a Custom Field

Deleted user January 19, 2016

Hi,

We use a text Custom Field to store a charge numbers. This field must contain a comma to be a valid charge number. I want to find issues with invalid charge numbers so I wrote this filter:

"Charge Number" !~ ','

The filter query is valid but it returns every issues that have a value in the Charge Number field. On the other hand

"Charge Number" ~ ','

returns nothing.

I tried using the unicode number (\u002c) with the same results. 

Do you know how to write this query?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2016

There is a trouble for JIRA to search with ~ when firt simbols are not spesified (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/performing-text-searches-185729616.html and https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-6218)

For out needs I use this SQL statement (for MS SQL )

Select
      project.pkey + '-' + CAST( jiraissue.issuenum as varchar(20)) as issueKey
      , customfieldvalue.*
from
      customfield 
      join customfieldvalue   
            join jiraissue    
                  join project      on    jiraissue.PROJECT = project.ID
            on    customfieldvalue.ISSUE = jiraissue.ID
      on customfield.ID = customfieldvalue.CUSTOMFIELD
where
      customfield.cfname = '№ док'
      and customfieldvalue.STRINGVALUE like '%,%' --
Deleted user January 20, 2016

Hi, thanks a lot for your answer! However, I set up a filter to catch issues with missing info or bad formatting that sends an email to my team and this SQL query will not work with my filter. I would have liked something in JQL... I will think about this.

J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2016

Per Vasiliy's comment, you'll want to look at the JRA issue. It references a work around using Scriptrunner. If you already have it, awesome, should be good to go. If not, you'll need to look into getting it. 

Deleted user January 21, 2016

We already use Scriptrunner so it should be feasible. I will look into it. Thanks a lot to both of you for your help!

J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2016

Also...if you already have script runner, I'd see if you could put in a validator/condition checker to prevent bad data from getting in there.

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2016

I think I'd step back and see where the invalid data is coming from. Prevent the field from getting it in the first place

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events