Filter that Contains a substring

Eduard Jooste April 30, 2021

Good day Community, 

I am looking to build a substring filter to be used on a Board by limiting the results specific to sting in a Label. 

As pseudo-code:

Select * from Project [project-list] where label contains ["xyz " or "xyz-"]

I am running into the issue that I am not able to find a function in JQL to support the "Contains" clause. I cannot implement a marketplace plugin and it has to be native to JIRA. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2022

Hi @Eduard Jooste  - Did you ever get this working? 

0 votes
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2021

Hey Eduard,

You are looking for IN. Check out Atlassian's Advanced Searching doc and mind the links on the right side.

I think what you're looking for goes something like:

project in (Project1,"Multiple strings in name",singleString) AND labels in (label1,"Label Two",andEtc)

Click into Advanced search and type it out / do not copy. Auto-suggest will not pick up multiple words if you do not lead with a quotation mark, this goes for field names and variables. Cheers!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events