Filter tasks by the parent epic status

Deleted user August 13, 2018

How can I create a board with only tasks their parent epics are in status "In Progress"? I would like to have such a filter criteria like parentEpicStatus but unfortunately this does not exisits. Does someone know a workaround?   

3 answers

2 votes
Markus August 13, 2018

We had exactly the same problem and its simply not possible without an add-on. I dont understand why - something this simple should be a build in functionality.

2 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2018

Hello,

You would need a plugin for it. For example, have a look at the ScriptRunner plugin. Here is more info:

http://scriptrunner-docs.connect.adaptavist.com/jiracloud/enhanced-search.html#_issuesinepics

0 votes
mini June 4, 2021

unfortunately, Altassian is not considering solving this user impediments.

They define a custom field  called Epic Status, but it is ony able to be displayed and manage on Epics... this means that whatever the status of the Epic , the Epic Status field of stories remains empty !!!

guess what, this status is not even synchronized with real status of the epic...
#useless #stupid #hourslost 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events