It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Filter query based on cards that are NOT part of a particular Epic/Initiative

I have created some quick filters on my board to display only the cards that are part of a particular feature using "Parent Link" in childIssuesOf(xxx) and this is very useful when having our daily scrum meetings.

However, there are always some items that are being worked on that are not part of any main feature and for that reason we need a "catch all" query... which I haven't found a way to do yet. I've tried "Parent Link" NOT in childIssuesOf(xxx)  ; "Parent Link" != childIssuesOf(xxx) and neither work (the first one seems to be syntactically correct but returns no results)

Any suggestions?

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Diana Andrade

Are you looking to find issues without a parent link? Or which are not part of one, specific feature?

I can see two options, depending on the answer:

"Parent Link" is empty

^ This would show you all issues which have no parent. You could make it more refined by adding an issue type search or similar.

issue not in childIssuesOf("XXX")

^ This gives the whole list of issues which do not link into that one specific parent

If you have a more complex scenario, let us know and we can try and help you find a solution :)

Ste

Brilliant, thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

273 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you