Filter query based on cards that are NOT part of a particular Epic/Initiative

Diana Andrade October 4, 2019

I have created some quick filters on my board to display only the cards that are part of a particular feature using "Parent Link" in childIssuesOf(xxx) and this is very useful when having our daily scrum meetings.

However, there are always some items that are being worked on that are not part of any main feature and for that reason we need a "catch all" query... which I haven't found a way to do yet. I've tried "Parent Link" NOT in childIssuesOf(xxx)  ; "Parent Link" != childIssuesOf(xxx) and neither work (the first one seems to be syntactically correct but returns no results)

Any suggestions?

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2019

Hi @Diana Andrade

Are you looking to find issues without a parent link? Or which are not part of one, specific feature?

I can see two options, depending on the answer:

"Parent Link" is empty

^ This would show you all issues which have no parent. You could make it more refined by adding an issue type search or similar.

issue not in childIssuesOf("XXX")

^ This gives the whole list of issues which do not link into that one specific parent

If you have a more complex scenario, let us know and we can try and help you find a solution :)

Ste

Diana Andrade October 7, 2019

Brilliant, thanks!

Suggest an answer