• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Filter out specific assignees without filtering unassigned

I need to create a filter for my Kanban board to remove certain assignees. So, for example, if I want to only show assignees on my project team I set up a filter that removes items assigned to Development and R&D. I've done this by adding one of the following filters:

• not (assignee = development or assignee = r&d)
  • assignee != development or assignee != r&d

Both of the above filters remove items assigned to these specific users, which is what I want. However, they also remove items that are unassigned. I need items that are unassigned to remain in the list. I'm a bit confused because nowhere in the filters above have I asked it to remove unassigned or EMPTY assignee issues.

So, instead of the expected behavior, the filters are actually acting like this:

• not (assignee = development or assignee = r&d or assignee = Unassigned)
  • assignee != development or assignee != r&d or assignee != EMPTY

Is there a reason for this? Is there a different filter I can use to remove items assigned to a specific user(s) from the list AND still show unassigned items?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

Mmmh. I would simply try it like this:

project=xxx and .... and (assignee not in (development,"r&d") or assignee is empty)

Worked! Thank you!!! New filter is:

project="TESTPROJECT" and (assignee not in (development, devtm) or assignee is empty)

Like # people like this

this fixed this exact issue for me. I was trying to apply it as a Kanban board Quick Filter. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you