Filter out specific assignees without filtering unassigned

I need to create a filter for my Kanban board to remove certain assignees. So, for example, if I want to only show assignees on my project team I set up a filter that removes items assigned to Development and R&D. I've done this by adding one of the following filters:

• not (assignee = development or assignee = r&d)
  • assignee != development or assignee != r&d

Both of the above filters remove items assigned to these specific users, which is what I want. However, they also remove items that are unassigned. I need items that are unassigned to remain in the list. I'm a bit confused because nowhere in the filters above have I asked it to remove unassigned or EMPTY assignee issues.

So, instead of the expected behavior, the filters are actually acting like this:

• not (assignee = development or assignee = r&d or assignee = Unassigned)
  • assignee != development or assignee != r&d or assignee != EMPTY

Is there a reason for this? Is there a different filter I can use to remove items assigned to a specific user(s) from the list AND still show unassigned items?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Mmmh. I would simply try it like this:

project=xxx and .... and (assignee not in (development,"r&d") or assignee is empty)

Worked! Thank you!!! New filter is:

project="TESTPROJECT" and (assignee not in (development, devtm) or assignee is empty)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

69 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you