Filter list of issues by number of linked issues

Jason Yeung March 16, 2021

Hi,

I have a list of issues, some having at least 1 linked issues while others having none. I was wondering what is the syntax of the JQL that would filter out the issues with linked issues?

The end result should be a list of issues with no linked issues.

Sincerely,

Jason

2 answers

1 vote
Jason Yeung March 17, 2021

Hi all,

thanks for your help. I tried "issueLinkType" and as Mario mentioned, the "is" operator didn't work. I did some investigation and found the solution. This assumes you have the Adaptavist ScriptRunner add-on installed. 

I added the following line to my JQL:

and issueFunction not in linkedIssuesOf("")

This would give me issues that have no linked issues. I could add a subquery to the linkedIssuesOf to filter linked issues via status, resolution, etc.

Jason

Mario Carabelli March 17, 2021

Thanks for sharing your solution. Scriptrunner to the rescue😁

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2021

Try the following in your JQL filter

issueLinkType is empty

Mario Carabelli March 17, 2021

I was interested in this issue because the inbuilt issueLinkType is rather new (since 8.0) and I had never used it.

It seems like the "is" operator is not supported though(https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver/advanced-searching-fields-reference-939937719.html#Advancedsearching-fieldsreference-issuelinktypeIssuelinktype)

so the way I could achieve this was by using "issueLinkType not in ( Linktype1, ... , Linktype n)". So basically saying its Not in the list of all the issuelinks present in my instance. of course if it would be possible the is-operator would be more stable (in case new issue Link Types gets introduced). So its only a workaround but atleast it works :)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2021

oops....i missed that you are on Server.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events