Filter keeps picking up a resolved ticket

HS June 21, 2021

Hi Team I have filter setup to run every 15 mins however this keeps picking up a persistent ticket DO-12456 is there anyway I can specifically edit the filter to ignore this number explicitly?  

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

Your JQL is flawed. Try this…

project = 11309 AND ("Region / Domain" = "BHS3 (AD)" OR "Region / Domain" = "BHS (region)" OR Building = BHS3 OR summary ~ BHS3) AND (status not in (Resolved, Closed) AND assignee is EMPTY AND issue != DO-12456

however, I would suggest you consider a more maintainable filter..

project = 11309 AND ("Region / Domain" = "BHS3 (AD)" OR "Region / Domain" = "BHS (region)" OR Building = BHS3 OR summary ~ BHS3) AND statuscategory != done AND assignee is EMPTY

now this assumes that DO-12456 is indeed resolved as you indicated.

HS June 21, 2021

Hi Jack I will give this is shot and revert back

HS June 22, 2021

Morning Jack created both filters and both are working concurrently with the original filter which is still picking up DO-12456 where as both your suggestions above are not.

also what does != (implicitly imply)?

thank you

0 votes
acc1211
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2021

if you could just post the query for the filter . maybe we can see where the issue is and then you can change the query to not get the issue .

HS June 21, 2021

project = 11309 AND ("Region / Domain" = "BHS3 (AD)" OR "Region / Domain" = "BHS (region)" OR Building = BHS3 OR summary ~ BHS3) AND status not in (Resolved, Closed) AND assignee is EMPTY

HS June 21, 2021

so this filter pick up any tickets that are no resolved or closed and emails every 15 mins however seems to be picking up DO-12456 every 15mins even though this ticket is resolved.

I tried the below but this still did not work not sure its the correct syntax.

project = 11309 AND ("Region / Domain" = "BHS3 (AD)" OR "Region / Domain" = "BHS (region)" OR Building = BHS3 OR summary ~ BHS3) AND status not in (Resolved, Closed) AND assignee is EMPTY AND "JIRA Ticket" = DO-12456

Suggest an answer