Filter issue that has open linked issue(Blocked+Blocked By)

Vaishnavi Kulkarni June 11, 2021

There has been previous threads relating to this problem, however many provided old solution.

Could someone please suggest how can I achieve to filter issues in project that has linked issues that are blocking it and still unresolved.

I currently use

Project=xyz AND issueLinkType in (blocks,"is blocked by","depends on")

This gives me list of all linked issue irrespective of it's resolution.

Can anyone help me from this group? Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2021

Hi @Vaishnavi Kulkarni ,

I am afraid,  you can't by vanila jql. There are some adons which can support you. 

Famous one's are 

below is the example of JQL Search Extensions for Jira & repo

following query will return all linked issues which are not resolved

issue in linkedBy("is blocked by", "is related to", resolution = unresolved)

Reference 

https://jqlsearchextensions.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SEARCH/pages/30497099/JQL+Reference+Server#JQLSearchExtensions(Server)-LinksCountLessThan

0 votes
Hyrum Steffensen _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2021

Hello Vaishnavi,

If you are using Jira Server or Data Center, you can use Power Scripts JQL support to return issues based on link type. For example:

key in hasLinksOfType("project = EX AND status != Done", "Relates")

Please note that I a support engineer for Power Scripts and I work for Anova Apps, an Appfire company.

Regards,

Hyrum

Suggest an answer