Filter for getting Date Past Target End Date

Ragavendran S May 9, 2024

Currently, we have automation rules in place that trigger an email notification if an issue remains incomplete past its target end date.

We utilise a filter to pinpoint issues; however, this filter also retrieves issues where the current date matches the target end date.

Filter Query:  project = "XYZ" AND Status not in (closed, done, "Not Covered") AND "Target end" < now()

I need assistance with filtering tickets that are past the due date, excluding those where the due date matches the current date.

For example: (Assuming Current Date is today 9-May-24)

Example 1:

Target End Date: 9-May-24
Expected: Should not be filtered in results because the current date is the same as the target date. It should appear in results when the current date is the 10th of May or later.

Example 2:

Target End Date: 8-May-24
Expected: Should be filtered in results.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alper Saglam _actioner_ May 9, 2024

Hi @Ragavendran S 

I think giving credit to the previously asked question. comparing the target end with startOfDay() like below

"Target end" < startOfDay()

and your JQL will be like this:

project = "XYZ" AND Status not in (closed, done, "Not Covered") AND "Target end" < startOfDay()

will work for you.

What do you think? I hope this is what you asked.

Alper-
from Actioner

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dexter de Vera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2024

Hi @Ragavendran S ,

You can update your JQL  like this:

project = "XYZ" AND Status not in (closed, done, "Not Covered") AND "Target end" <= -1d

This filter will allow you to search issues past the Target end excluding current date.

Hope it helps!

I attempted that solution before asking here, yet the issue persists, particularly the one with today's target end date.

Dexter de Vera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2024

Can you give us some screenshot of your filter. And view of the ticket including target end field?.

Note: Make sure you use the correct name of the date field. 

Screenshot_9-5-2024_143231_cbsjira.bskyb.com.jpeg

Sorry, there was some misunderstanding. since the start date is in May, and the end date is in Apr, it listed the issue. closing the question. Thanks @Dexter de Vera for trying out to resolve this issue. much appreciated 

Dexter de Vera
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2024

Yes.. Today is May not April. :)

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events