I need to filter all sub items with the Recycle Bin status in my structure

Please help

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Yulia Barbash _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 25, 2022

Hello @Anusha Iyer!

Yulia from ALM Works here.

You can apply a Transformation JQL filter: status != "Recycle Bin", setting the level to accommodate your need. Make sure that the “Show all sub-items of matching items” option is disabled.

Please note that Structure's priority is to respect the hierarchy. So, if an issue matches the criteria and is a sub-item of a "Recycle Bin" issue, that "Recycle Bin" issue will remain in order for its child issue to remain in the structure.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Best regards
Yulia Barbash
www.almworks.com

Anusha Iyer January 26, 2022

Hi, thank you for helping me here. 

The thing is that I have already tried with adding a Transformation JQL filter or a Quick Filter but as you said as the parent issue matches the JQL query then the Recycle Bin sub items are still showing.

If there is no other way of accomplish this I am afraid it can be done using Structure.

Thank you any way for your help and time.

Yulia Barbash _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 26, 2022

Hello @Anusha Iyer

What I was explaining is the opposite. If a parent issue has a status "Recycle Bin" but its sub-items are not, the parent issue will remain in the structure unless the “Show all sub-items of matching items” option is enabled. Make sure is it disabled. 

1.png

Let me know if that works.

Best regards
Yulia Barbash

Like # people like this
0 votes
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Hi, @Anusha Iyer.  What do you mean by "in a structure" exactly? Are you using Structure by any chance? Or, something else?

-dave 

Anusha Iyer January 25, 2022

Yes, we are using Structure @Dave Rosenlund 

The idea is to hide all issues with the recycle bin status, no matter if those issues are sub items

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer