Filter based on values in a version picker

Badger April 23, 2012

I would like to create a filter to show issues where the 'fix for' or 'affects' version picker fields contain a certain value.

So, I can say "affects=1.0", but sometimes my affects field may contain two values e.g. "1.0" and "1.0branch". So "affects=1.0" will not match that issue. I want to say "affects contains '1.0'". And as far as I know the contains operator (~) does not apply to version picker fields.

Any suggestions?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2012

Only way, AFAIK, is to say "fixVersion in (1.0, 1.0Branch)" in the JQL.

Badger April 24, 2012

Thanks for pointing that out, for some reason I didn't even try "in", I just assumed that an issue would have to contain all the values you specify for it to match - turns out it will match if the issue contains any of the values you specify in your 'in' statement.

0 votes
Mark Symons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2012

If you have version numbers that are quite fluid (new versions constantly being added) then a filter based on a fixed list of versions can get broken.

Thus, you can also try something like:

(fixVersion >= "1.0") AND (fixVersion < "2.0")

..but make sure that your versions are ordered correctly (don't list "1.0branch" out of sequence when doing version administration).

If you are using JIRA v5.0.x then I see that the JIRA Tricks plugin:

https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugins/com.j-tricks%3Ajql-plugin

...now offers "versionMatches(regex)". Hence:

fixversion in versionMatches("Release 1.0.*") - Returns all issues in versions with names starting at 1.0 like 1.0, 1.0.1, 1.0.2, etc.

Suggest an answer