Filter/Search by external issue ID

Sven August 15, 2013

Hey Guys,

I successfully migrate some issue data from our old bugtracker.

The origin issue id was mapped to "Issue ID" within the import process

and it looks like the old issue ID was saved to the new jira-issue correctly.

Till the users are adapted to the new glory jira, they want to search by their known (origin) issue ID. How ist this possible? When I open the "more Information" field within a filter and start to enter "external issue ID" the field appears in the dropdown, but I cannot select it. Additionally an error layer tells me that this field ist not applicable for current projekt (???).

Searching by the origin issue ID in the quick search at the top results in "no issues found".

Any help would be appreciated :)

Regards

Sven

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2013

You would need to associate this field to your current project. Please check your field configuration (see here) and add your project to the context.

DJ March 15, 2019

I had this same issue, reviewed the configuration as you linked to.

The field was already associated to all my imported projects already -- the import routine does this automatically apparently.  Just in case, I performed a re-index to ensure the field data was included.

Still, when I go to the search and click the "More" button and enter External issue ID it is disabled and gives me the not applicable error.

Perhaps there is more to this process than just having the custom field associated?  Maybe something changed in the past 6 years of JIRA updates.

Suggest an answer