Filter Issues that are Open+Blocking OR Blocked by Open Issues Edited

Hi

We have ScriptRunner available, if it helps.  We're trying to find issues that are:

1. Open AND Blocking Open Issues (don't show issue if only blocking Done issues)
  2. Open AND Blocked by Open Issues (don't show issue if blocking issues are Done)

In other words, my current search returns an issue that is "blocked" but the blocking item is done.  In this case, I don't consider the issue to be blocked anymore because the blocker is Done.

Current Filter

issueFunction in hasLinks("is blocked by") or issueFunction in hasLinks("blocks") 

1 answer

So, I think you're about half way there.  The hasLinks JQL function provided by scriptrunner can help you find those issues.  But you then also need to lookup the status of those linked issues to be able to make sure you don't include blocked issues that are already in a status of "Done".   Fortunately, it looks like scriptrunner does have another function called linkedIssueOf that can help here.

(issueFunction in hasLinks("is blocked by") AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("status != Done", "blocks")) OR (issueFunction in hasLinks("blocks") AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("status != Done", "is blocked by"))

I think that this JQL query, with scriptrunner of course, can help with locating the issues you are wanting to see here.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 3 hours ago in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

58 views 4 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you