Filter: Incidents created on a specific day of the week

Chris September 1, 2022

Hey Guys,

I guess, its easy for you guys, but i dont get it.

I'd like to create a filter that shows me incidents created only on a specific weekday; let's say monday.

so i'd like to know which requests are created on mondays.

Got help for me? :)

Thanks and greets

Chris

1 answer

2 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

Hi @Chris,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

To get issues created on a specific day you can use the startOfWeek() function, which by default starts on Sundays. So in your case the JQL would look something like this:

issuetype = Incident AND created = startOfWeek("+1d") 

Chris September 2, 2022

Thanks for your quick answer @Mikael Sandberg 

I did a test but it doesnt seem to work.

It sounds logical and the syntax is correct, but there are no incidents shown.

I testet it already with 2d and 3d and i did a test with "createdDate" instead of "created". but none of them work.

Any ideas?

Like Sanjog Sigdel likes this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2022

Ah, my brain was thinking faster than I was typing. The correct syntax would be

created > startOfWeek("+1d") AND created < startOfWeek("+2d")

This would give you issues that were created on Monday

Chris September 5, 2022

Thanks @Mikael Sandberg 

that works.

but: it only shows incdents created on monday this week. In this case only incidents created today.

What i want is to see incidents created on every monday. or especially i'd like to see incidents created on saturdays for the last 4 months.

is this possible?

Thanks again :)

Chris September 6, 2022

@Mikael Sandberg I dont' wanna be anoying, but i got a little bit of time pressure and did not get to create this filter by myself.

Could you please help me again? :)

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 7, 2022

There is no function that would allow you to get all issues created on a specific day of the week for all time. You would have to string together multiple created > startOfWeek("xxx") AND created < startOfWeek("xxx") in that case, something like this:

(created > startOfWeek("+1d") AND created < startOfWeek("+2d") OR created > startOfWeek("-6d") AND created < startOfWeek("-5d") OR ... )

IOC November 3, 2022

Thank you I finally found the working query

salob July 17, 2023

can you share please @IOC ? Thanks

Davide Giglioli March 7, 2024

Hello @IOC 

I've the same requirement.

could you please share your solution?

Thanks 

Suggest an answer