Filter For Scheduled Hours

David Zuccaro April 7, 2013

Is there are way to create a filter which will report on scheduled/planned hours for a staff member?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2013

Hi David,

There is an inbuilt report available for this information. Simply navigate to the desired project, select 'Summary'. Towards the bottom of the page will be a heading 'Reports'. This contains the 'User Workload Report'. Select this and enter the desired users profile.

For further information on this report please check out the following great guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/User+Workload+Report

Cheers,

Paul

David Zuccaro April 7, 2013

This gives the number of issues assigned. In my question I was referring to planned hours...

Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2013

Hi David,

The third column of this report in JIRA OnDemand is 'Workload' and contains the total workload remaining for the selected user.

I've also attached an example from my instance to demonstrate the report:

Thanks,

Paul

David Zuccaro April 9, 2013

I was really after a way of getting this information from a filter which I could then use to show in dashboard gadgets...

Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
April 9, 2013

Hi David,

To create a filter that replicates this behaviour you would need to query on the assignee field. You would also need to add the 'Remaining Estimate' column via 'Tools' >> 'Configure Columns'. This query could then be saved for reuse. You are also able to export this to Excel if required. Finally, you could add the gadget, 'Assigned to Me' on the dashboard and include the field 'Remaining Estimate' in the section 'Fields to display'.

Hope this helps :)

Cheers,

Paul

David Zuccaro April 10, 2013

I want the filter to give me "Planned Hours" not "Remaining Estimate".

Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
April 10, 2013

Hi David,

Are you using Tempo? I cannot see this mentioned earlier in your query which is why I had suggested 'Remaining Estimate'? The 'Planned Time' field is not a standard field in JIRA OnDemand.

The Tempo plug-in is a 3rd party supported plug-in but I searched further for you and found the following documentation which shows a Tempo gadget that reports on the planned time per user: https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO/Tempo+6.2+Release+Notes#Tempo6.2ReleaseNotes-TimePlanning

Thanks,

Paul

0 votes
Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
April 10, 2013

David Zuccaro April 15, 2013

Hi Paul, sorry I didn't mention that. Yes we are using tempo...

Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
April 15, 2013

Thanks David,

You will see a link above in the original comments for the time planning gadget for Confluence dashboard which reports on planned hours versus worked time.

Cheers,

Suggest an answer