Filter Backlog by Status

Xavier Auger-Mailhot November 27, 2017

So, a while ago, we moved to JIRA for our task management and since, our product management was interested in having a way to quickly filter the backlog to only show specific status of our workflow.

We know how to make filters using JQL for specific status but creating a filter for each of those would create a lot of quick filters. Is there a way to make a JQL filter (or even a manual filter) to filter the Backlog with a parameter? (Something in the style of an option box)

Note: The reason why he wants to do it in the Backlog is so he can move things around our sprints quickly.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2017

No, quick filters are the only way to do filtering.

Xavier Auger-Mailhot November 28, 2017

I see. Would there be a way to allow our PM to quickly move things into the sprints (We generally have one sprint active and one sprint being prepared) without having to open each cards and click Edit?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2017

The context menu helps me, although I'm not sure it is for everyone's taste.  A right click on an issue (or set of selected issues) in the backlog gives us options like "move to top of backlog" and "move into first sprint"

11 votes
Jim Ryan May 11, 2021

Yet another "SOLVED" question where the "solution" is "JIRA can't do that".

Can you guys stop putting "SOLVED" on questions that haven't really been solved?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2021

Solved is the word Khoros (the community platform) currently uses as shorthand for "this question has been answered".  

We are not putting "Solved" on anything, we're providing answers.  "Jira can't do that" is a perfectly valid answer, and so when someone accepts that as the answer, Khoros says "solved"

Personally, I'd prefer "Answered", but I've not idea if it would be configurable in Khoros, or if there would be any appetite to change it.

Suggest an answer