Filling Forms and creating issues

Luís Felipe Brito Fonseca January 2, 2014

Is it possible to an user fill a linked or intern form, creating an issue automatically, sending the user a number of service? if possible, which is the better way?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2014

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here - you could simply get your users to use "create issue" in Jira itself. If you want something outside Jira, then you'll need to write the "form", host it on a server/url somewhere and write some code behind it to post to Jira OnDemand via REST.

Or, you might want to have a look at Jira's "Issue Collector" too. The "better" way to do this is generally to use Jira as intended.

Luís Felipe Brito Fonseca January 2, 2014

Thanks!!!

I meant something outside Jira, just like Google form, is it possible to link then using REST? I'll try Issue collector too...

What about return the user an identification number?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2014

Yes, exactly as I said, you'll need to create something to provide the form and then post data into Jira via REST

I'm guessing by "identification number", you mean "Jira issue key" - you'll need to do some coding to work out how to fetch that back from Jira via REST

1 vote
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2017

You can create your own custom forms with dynamic behaviour using our add-on Jirassimo IntakeForms

Vlad

0 votes
Partha Sundaram March 13, 2015

You can do Google Forms + Zapier -> JIRA. The only requirement is that your JIRA installation needs to be externally accessible (outside your corp network). 

0 votes
Emily January 22, 2015

Hi- I've tried using Google Forms to collect end user data- when an end user responds to the questions in the Google Form, the Form sends an email notification (using the Form Notifications Add-On) to JIRA and JIRA generates a ticket, BUT the information in the ticket is not very useful (it tells you that someone filled out the form, gives a link to the blank form). The only way to figure out who filled out the form and what the responses were is to match the time stamp of the response to the Google Form and when the ticket was generated in JIRA. What is REST? Can REST be connected directly to JIRA or is JIRA OnDemand required? When REST posts the data into JIRA, what does the data look like- is it organized and easy to understand for those who are dealing with the ticket? Thank you in advance for your help!

Suggest an answer