FileNameCharacterCheckerUtil exception while installing JIRA 4.4.3 on JBoss 6.0.0

Zehra Gul CABUK
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 30, 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to install JIRA 4.4.3 WAR version to JBoss6.0.0 in my ubuntu server. I've applied all steps at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA041/Installing+JIRA+on+JBoss+4 but when I try to deploy my war file to the jboss application server, I get the "java.lang.SecurityException: class "com.atlassian.jira.web.util.FileNameCharacterCheckerUtil"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package" exception.

Do you know how can I resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2011

Reconsider JBoss, whilst a fine J2EE AS proper, is not supported by Atlassian - http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Supported+Platforms

Of course it should work inside any J2EE compliant Appserver, but there are myriad things that can crop up. Annyoying niggles like this are going to soak up your time.

If you want a WAR deployment, consider doing that under Tomcat alone. In my experience, the smaller footprint and maintainability of one-app one-container pays dividends.

p.s. I Think the Atlassian doco reference to 'Application Server' in Tomcats case is using artistic license, possibly confusing to some. Its not an AS, its a servlet container only.

0 votes
tm jee February 24, 2013

Same here for me on Winstone and other container. It's a shame that it's just not portable anymore. :(

It's jira 5.2 as well.

Any others know of a java based bug tracking system around?

0 votes
Jakub Pastuszek
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 10, 2012

Same problem here with Jetty 6.

If I remove the jira-screenshot-applet jar from Jira it will start up OK.

Any ideas on what is going on?

Jakub Pastuszek
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 10, 2012

Just for information: it is Jira 5.2-m05 (WAR), Jetty 6.1.26 on Oracl JDK 1.6.0_32

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events