Fields removed during bulk move operation

Harsha Hegde January 22, 2014

Iam performing bulk move from one project to the other and during the process one of the fields (Resolved By) in the source is removed. Any reason why the field is removed ? I did check that the field is not hidden and the source and target has the fields and field also has the value in source and iam able to query using the field.

Have attached the screen shot for reference.

3 answers

0 votes
Harsha Hegde January 26, 2014

I was able to resolve this issues once i made the custom field as Global context as Andy pointed it out. Thanks all for your support.

0 votes
Andy Nguyen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2014

Hi Harsha,

What do you mean by "the source and target has the fields"? Did you mean Field Configuration Schemes? Do both projects use the same scheme? If it's a custom field, is it restricted to source project only (not global context)? And please upload a screenshot of step 3 of moving issues. We need to see what happened to the field there.

Cheers,

Andy

0 votes
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2014

Unable to see the attachment. Please attach attachment again.

Suggest an answer