Fields keep getting hidden

Ron Grinfeld May 26, 2015

I have 2 different screen (1 for all regular issues and 1 for Test Cases) that share some common fields.

They are also used by separate workflows.

When i create a Bug for example I don't see all the necessary fields so I use the Configure Fields button to add them.

If I continue creating more items from the same screen scheme they all follow the fields configuration I set (above).

If I create  a Test Case issue, again, I don't see all the fields and need to go through the same process above.

This is happening every time I switch between creating items that belong to different screen schemes.

Why don't JIRA remembers my field configuration settings for each screen scheme and forces me to repeatedly re-configure it ?

1 answer

1 vote
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2015

I think the "Field configuration" on the create issue screen is a personal setting which is independent from used screen schemes or issue type. See following note:

information When you next create an issue, JIRA remembers your last choice of selected fields.

Suggest an answer