Field status disappear after click

Deleted user August 20, 2019

Only in the new issue view the field status disappears after a click. The field in the old view is called: workflow. This field is working still fine. 

We have used the new issue view for a while, and then suddenly this problem occurs. 

Does anyone know is we have done something wrong?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2019

@[deleted] , I’m unclear on what field is not displaying. You say the “field status” in one instance and then you refer to “workflow”. I s the field in question a default Jira system field or a custom field? 

Note if indeed you mean Status and it isn’t showing that would be weird. If you mean the old Workflow link that allowed you to view the diagram of the workflow, indeed it is not available in the new view. If you mean some other field please click the ellipses in the detailed issue view and select configure and see if the field is available to expose in the layout. If not please check the associated screen configuration to add the field to the layout.

Deleted user August 20, 2019

Sorry for the confusion.

I have made screenshots of the view i ment. 

Old siuation.PNG

This is the old issue view. You can change the status by the field "Workflow". This works fine. 

New situation.PNGThis is the new view. The field status disappears after being clicked. So i can't change the status. 

Hopefully it is clear now. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2019

Correct. I too am not happy that this capability is not available in the new issue view. I and others have provided feedback on that and I believe there is an open suggestion at Jira.atlassian.com for this. You might search there and vote/watch the issue.

Aaron Rucker August 22, 2019

@Jack Brickey I don't think this is a capability issue, but rather a bug.  It's literally impossible to update the issue status with the new issue viewer because the status button disappears when you click it.

Seems to work on some projects but not others.  Also, my team isn't seeing this issue on the mobile app.  It seems to be contained to the desktop UI.

@[deleted] you're not crazy.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2019

I have not experienced the Status field disappearing. I thought you meant “View workflow”. I would suggest reaching out to Atlassian Support.

david May 27, 2020

I am experiencing the same issue as @[deleted] in new issue view for a project

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events