Field 'issuesFunction' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.

Dave Dmck February 8, 2023

Here are the details for the error that I'm getting on the JQL below.  Do you know what the root cause is?  

issuesFunction error.PNG

2 answers

3 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2023

Hi @Dave Dmck and welcome to the Community!

There is a typo in your query: it should be issuefunction instead of issuesfunction.

Hope this helps!

Dave Dmck February 8, 2023

Oh No :-( let me try it.  Thanks for the catch.  I tried it with the correction and I am still get an error.   IssueFunction error v2.PNG

Am I still missing something in my JQL or is the next step to confirm that ScriptRunner is installed in my instance of Jira?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2023

Yes, the next thing to check is that you have Scriptrunner installed.  Go to Admin -> App management to see it.

Dave Dmck February 23, 2023

I have ScriptRunner installed.  I'm using the Cloud version of Jira.  This part of the JQL doesn't work: AND (issueFunction in linkedIssueof("project = ONACC")) When I remove that piece of the JQL, the rest of the JQL works.

Help :-)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 23, 2023

Are you using the advanced search that SR provides?

Dave Dmck February 25, 2023

Yes I am.  Thats where I testing out the JQL.  I have used this Jira instance in a different organization and it worked for.  That's why I am baffled that it's not working for me.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 25, 2023

Do you have Scriptrunner installed in both?

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2023

Hi,

Welcome to the community

The issuefunction JQL Function come from the Scriptrunner plugin, make sure you have it in your instance

https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4jc/latest/features/scriptrunner-enhanced-search/jql-functions

Suggest an answer