Field is not displayed for all users

Nina Arentoft February 5, 2019

Hi, 

I placed a field (due date) for one of our projects. Unfortunately not all the users can see the field. 

the Due date field is used for other projects as well. I therefore also tied to place a custom field due date. In this case all users can see the field when creating an issue, but not all the users can see the field when opening an old issue. 

What am I doing wrong? 

3 answers

2 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2019

Hello,

A custom field is visible on the view issue screen only if this field has a value. You would need to initialize all old issues with a value for this field.

You can use the Bulk Edit feature:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/editing-multiple-issues-at-the-same-time-861257342.html

Hi Alexey, 

Thanks for your reply. 

I can see the custom field Due Date on the old issues, even though the value is empty, but only for some users. Not for our customer user.! 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2019

Do you meant they can see it in portal or in Jira UI?

What do you mean by this? 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2019

Could you attach a screenshot where you can see the field and where you can not see the field?

0 votes

Thanks Grigory and Alexey for your help. 

I changed the Project permission so the customer also can edit the issues. Not the ideal way but it is now working and all users can see the custom field Due Date. 

I just still do not understand why a standard field is so hard for all the users to see, but I did a work around... But it is working now 

0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2019

Hi @Nina Arentoft

Try to place this field on the "Edit" screen as well. From what I've learned from your description, this field might be missing there.

The field doesn't show up on the view screen until it has a value.

Hope it helps.

Hi Grigory, 

Thanks your for reply. 

I have two screens. One "Bug" and one "Default Issue Screen" and the Due Date field is not there for all the users. 

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2019

Hi!

Here's the information about screens:

Defining a screen

Suggest an answer