Few issues in Groovy scripts Project

Piyal Nanayakkara May 10, 2019

Hi

I have several Groovy scripts and I created a Groovy Project in IntelliJ IDEA (version 14) and I have below statement in most of the Groovy Scripts.

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

But the IntelliJ IDEA's intellisense shows the message " Cannot resolve symbol 'atlassian' "

I have configured Groovy for this project and using "Groovy-Eclipse" compiler under Settings >>Build, Execution, Deployment >> Compiler >> Java Compiler

Appreciate if you could let me know who to fix this?

Additionally when I try to build the project, I see below error in the "Messages Make" window :

Information:5/10/2019 2:04 PM - Compilation completed with 1 error and 0 warnings in 637ms

Error:java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 28

When I click on the Error statement, it doesnt point to any code line of groovy script.

Please help me to fix it too.

Regard

Piyal

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2019

Hello @Piyal Nanayakkara 

The error is coming because you need to have Atlassian java libraries in your classpath. Because the jar files are not on your class-path thus you see this error.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2019

If you are writing groovy for scripts for script runner plugin then follow this setup

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.5.5/jira/DevEnvironment.html

Piyal Nanayakkara May 28, 2019

Thanks Tarun

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events