Fast Track Script Listener

Thomas Hardin November 13, 2019

I am using the Fast-track transition an issue to update an issue when a field is updated. This is a simple Insight post function that will populate the Account field for Tempo, which is based on an Insight custom field. This is a standard Insight post function, so I'm trying to replicate the action with a listener and the only way I know is to fast track a transition. 

If the Insight custom field (Tempo Account) is updated, the listener will trigger an Update transition which is looped to the current status (This may be the wrong way of doing things). My issue is that I can only pick one transition for each listener. If I need this to occur in multiple areas, I want to use one listener to cover all Update transitions instead of having to create multiple listeners for each transition.

Now, if there is an even better way to update the field when the Insight custom field is updated so that I do not have to use an extra transition on each status, then I am all ears. I have a script that will copy a field from a linked issue when that field is changed (similar to this), but I am not sure how to employee this option.

At the end of the day, I want to have a listener that will trigger the Update transition for the given status so I do not have to use umpteen listeners, or have a listeners that will trigger the logic that is in the Insight post function, which simply populates the Account field with the correct value.

Thoughts? 

And thank you all for your support!

0 answers

Suggest an answer