Facing an issue while enabling jira schema diagram generator plugin?

Rahul Arora August 17, 2014

Somehow, restarting the JIRA server disable jira schema diagram generator plugin and I am unable to load it again? Can someone help

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2014

Start by reading the log file for the startup where it loads the plugins, and then when you click "disable".

Rahul Arora August 17, 2014

yes it is disable somehow incidently but I am getting error now to enable it, could you please help me how can I enable it, getting only option to uninstall

Rahul Arora August 18, 2014

While checking the logs , I found following error, there is some issue while jira start up

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: interface com.atlassian.cache.CacheManager is not visible from class loader

at java.lang.reflect.Proxy.getProxyClass0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Proxy.newProxyInstance(Unknown Source)

at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.bridge.external.HostComponentFactoryBean.createHostComponentProxy(HostComponentFactoryBean.java:91)

at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.bridge.external.HostComponentFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(HostComponentFactoryBean.java:99)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1369)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1335)

... 66 more

Any help on this.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2014

That implies you're using the wrong version of Java for Jira and/or a plugin, you've got the wrong version of a plugin, or your installation is damaged in some other way.

How has this installation been done?

Rahul Arora August 18, 2014

There is no latest installation has been done, only custom plugin has been added after making some changes. Server is rebooted and later on, start up failed for this.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 18, 2014

Ok, so it was working before the plugin was added, and broke when it was installed.

Try removing the plugin and restarting - does that work now?

Rahul Arora August 21, 2014

I removed the plugin and tried, I see JIRA working fine.. creating issues as expected but logs again showing some errors as below:

Field layout contains non-orderable field with id 'customfield_10004'.

2014-08-22 02:14:09,798 http-bio-8081-exec-4 INFO anonymous 134x2437x1 1nipp9 10.210.20.119,10.100.3.144 /secure/IssueNavigator.jspa [fields.layout.field.AbstractFieldLayoutManager] Field layout contains non-orderable field with id 'customfield_10000'.

Any Idea, when these type of alerts in the logs are logged?
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 21, 2014

You've got a damaged custom field in the database. If you're lucky, it'll be enabled in the custom field list, and the simple fix for it would be to identify what type of field it is and check the plugin that provides it. If it's not via a plugin, then try changing the searcher and re-indexing it.

It could also be a field you are no longer using. If that's the case, delete it.

Rahul Arora August 21, 2014

Actually I found that there are 6 fields from database which referred to JIRA agile I suppose. Following are the fields.

'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-lexo-rank';

'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-epic-link';

'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-epic-status';

'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-epic-label';

'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-sprint';

'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-global-rank';

'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-epic-color';

All throwing an error like below

ERROR anonymous 482x744x3 187fkvb 10.210.20.119,10.100.3.144 /rest/gadget/1.0/issueTable/filter [jira.issue.managers.DefaultCustomFieldManager]

Could not load custom field type plugin with key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-epic-link'. Is the plugin present and enabled?

JIRA agile has already been uninstalled from the JIRA instance

Suggest an answer