FLAG DELETION WITH PROMPTED COMMENTS

yamini_nannapaneni
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 25, 2020

We have 3 types of flags within our projects. 

The first 2 flags should be deleted. For the third flag, always a reason should be put in. We want therefore to keep the third flagged option.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2020

Hi,

I understand that you want to remove something from within Jira.  However I have to admit that I do not fully understand what flags means in your case. Jira does not really make use of the term flags anywhere I know of.  So perhaps we should start by first better defining what you mean by flags here.

• Are these flags each their own custom field in Jira? 
  • Or are these 3 flags just 3 different options within a select custom field?
  • Or is this something different?

If your scenario is my second guess, then I would recommend that you take close look at this KB Change Context for an Existing Custom Field Without Losing Old Data.  It explains a method you can follow to alter a custom field context in Jira without losing the data that you want to see here.

However if I have completely misunderstood your situation, please let me know more background about your request and perhaps I can offer better insights here.

Thanks

Andy

Suggest an answer