Extract the labels' string to excel vba

Mei Ying Phuah September 3, 2017

Hello, anyone know how extract the labels' text to excel vba? 

wanna list out all the tags into excel sheet according to the issues.

1 answer

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2017

Hi

I need a bit more info for this. Do you already have a way of extracting info from Jira via the REST API, but want to know about labels? Or have you never extracted any info from Jira? Based on your answer, I (or anyone else) should be able to better help you

Mei Ying Phuah September 4, 2017

image.png

I have my own way to extract info from jira, just duno how to get the label query.

For a = 1 To json("total")

If IsNull(json("issues")(a)("fields")("labels")) Then
ActiveSheet.Cells(a, 3) = ""
Else
ActiveSheet.Cells(a, 3) = json("issues")(a)("fields")("labels")
End If

Next a

However, i get  this error once i run this coding.

image.png

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2017

Try json("issues")(a)("fields")("labels")("value")

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2017

You also need to loop around the labels - as you've shown in your screenshot, you have 2 labels, so I usually use a For Each loop on the labels

image.png

Error still occur. Anything to do with the query we GET ?  

image.png

image.png

This is the JSON string that i want to extract to excel macro.

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2017

I think it should just be expand=changelog, not expand=changelog.histories, but if the JSON above is being returned, then that isn't the problem.

Have you made a change to the VBA code (from what you've shown above) where it is trying to get the labels from the JSON? If so, please include here, otherwise you need to change it to cater for multiple labels

Suggest an answer