Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Extract previous (latest) assignee from a ticket using smart value

Hi, I am figuring out how to retrieve the previous assignee from a ticket request.

The reason why I am doing this is to remove the assignee from the watcher list once that particular person is being moved out of the assignee. I am thinking of smart value implementing on an automation.

This is the automation that I have in mind but it does not work due to the invalid smart value.

remove watcher automation.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Vandyck Lai Kai Yong 

Have you tried using the change log to access this value?  For example, this would return the ID of the previous assignee, assuming you have the same trigger of field change on assignee:

{{changelog.assignee.from}}

Best regards,

Bill

Hey @Bill Sheboy 

This works perfectly, thank you so much.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Hi @Vandyck Lai Kai Yong 

In another community item ( https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/How-can-assign-previous-user-on-a-defined-issue-status/qaq-p/650912

I see Andreas mentioning the following smart value. 

{{issue.Previous Assignee}}

Does this work for you?

Regards. Marco

Hi @Marco Brundel 

It does not work but I came up with an idea is there any way for me to extract the assignee value from audit log in another automation and remove the watcher by running the "Remove assignee from watcher" automation?

Something like this, I want to retrieve the assignee value from this audit log to be used in the remove watcher block.

set previous assignee.PNG

Cheers,

Lai Kai Yong

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you