External tool/portal that will allow opening of Jira's tickets

Simone Giovanni Carmignani March 29, 2023

Hi all, 

I would like to understand if there are tools (if yes, which tools) that can interact with Jira with the following characteristic: 

- An external user will open this tool, with the aim of opening a Case that need to be analized; 

- The tool will engage atuomatically Jira and will open a Jira ticket with the details provided in this tool. 

Thank you so much users!

2 answers

0 votes
Ananjan_miniOrange September 14, 2023

Hey @Simone Giovanni Carmignani

I hope you've got answers to your questions. In case you are moving forward with Jira Service Management, we have a solution, SSO Integration with Helpdesks which can possibly cater to all your requirements.

Just check it out once and feel free to let us know! For your reference please take a quick glance at this document to better understand our solution.

For more information, you can raise a ticket here.

Best regards,

Ananjan Mishra

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023

Hi @Simone Giovanni Carmignani,

You have a couple of options. Jira has a issue collector that you could integrate on a web page to allow users to submit issues. Another option is Jira Service Management which has a portal that the customer access to submit request. Your third option is to use Refined which allows you to create a portal for Jira.

Simone Giovanni Carmignani March 29, 2023

Thank you @Mikael Sandberg, really appreciated. Regarding the third option "Refined", can be accessed to every customer configured by user and password (am I autonomous?) and linked to the actual Jira that I have in place? 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023

Yes, and no. If you have JSM then the customer do not need a license and will be able to see the request after it has been submitted. For Jira Software the user can submit, but they would not be able to see the issue after unless they have a license.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events