Exporting issue

Nandeesh M S April 24, 2014

While exporting issues to excel sheet few fields "prirority" and "severity" are not getting exported to excel sheet. Please help to resolve this.But i can see those filds in issue navigator screen.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

hey all i got the answer... those severity and priority are not mapped to all issue types. so if i filter according to the issue type and export it..its getting exported to excel sheet.. thank you Andris and Nic for support :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2014

You might want to comment, watch and vote for https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-9367- the request to make the "apparently random fields vanishing" actually make sense to the end-user.

0 votes
Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2014

Try exporting all fields (Views->Excel(All Fields)). Does it help?

thanks for your reply Andris. I tried that also that field name is appearing in excel sheet but values are not appearing :( .

Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2014

Check if you don't have 2 fields with similar names.

Check if issues really have value for those fileds.

Run all integrity checks.

Run Jira Reindex.

filed name called severity has 2 fields. But field called priority has only 1 filed. and those issues have values under severity and priority.

Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2014

Have you tried to run Integrity checks and Reindexing?

Reindexing takes much time na

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2014

What does "field name called severity has 2 fields" mean? A field is a field. Do you mean your severity is a custom field of type "cascading select"?

Could you tell us what types of field both priority and severity are?

(I'd try Andris's fix first though)

hi Nic... there are 2 fields with same name severity... priority and severity are drop down list with single choice.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2014

Ok, so you have three fields. I'd recommend renaming one of the Severity fields to something slightly different so that you can tell

Also, I really do mean what *type* of fields they are. When you added them, exactly what type of custom field did you use? And is priority the built-in system priority or another cystom field?

Suggest an answer