Exporting filters where saved "filter" columns are not being exported

DeniseThompson397 February 24, 2015

Hi sometimes I save a Filter in JIRA with a set of columns, but when I export a different set of columns comes out in excel.  I have clicked on Filter - Done, not "my defaults" and Saved the filter and it still won't export correctly.  WHY? 

2 answers

2 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2015

You need to follow the instructions in the provided link in order to save a column order to a saved filter:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA062/Using+Filters#UsingFilters-Definingafilter-specificcolumnorder

1 vote
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2015

To add on to Udo's answer, you'll also need to make sure that the column contains a field that is applicable to all of the issue types you're trying to export. For example, you might have a custom field called "Steps to Recreate" for the Bug issue type, but this custom field is configured to apply to the Improvement issue type. If both a Bug and Improvement are in the filter and you export a file to Excel, that column won't appear in the exported file.

Suggest an answer