Exporting a list of projects and the associated project leads

David Hazeel November 7, 2019

Hi,

I am trying to export a list of all projects and their associated leads from a Jira Cloud instance. I can see several similar questions and answers but haven't found one specifically for this. I don't have access to the database to use SQL.

I am able to get a list of all projects using the API: https://DOMAIN.atlassian.net//rest/api/2/project

Is it possible to do anything to include leads in the above?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user November 7, 2019

Hi @David Hazeel

You will be able to use the Jira Command Line Interface (CLI) and use the action getProjectList to get the list of projects along with the lead. 

Sample action 

--action getProjectList

Regards,

Vijay Ramamurthy

David Hazeel November 7, 2019

Thanks Vijay, that's done the job for me.

Anil kumar kambhampati October 25, 2021

Hi ,

Can we get the projects list along with project administrators. In the above i am able to see project leads but not project administrators.

Many thanks,

Anil.

Cathy Soller December 17, 2021

@Anil kumar kambhampati for Project Roles you need to use getProjectRoleActorList.  I do it like this, --action getProjectRoleActorList --project "ABC" --role @all --file projectRoleActorList.csv.

1 vote
Sultan March 17, 2023

I found if you add "?expand=lead" in this way to the "2" not 3 rest api version...

<domain>//rest/api/2/project/?expand=lead

You'll get all Projects with Lead info.  If you find a way to hone this to just the Lead's name, please let me know.

Suggest an answer