Export 'timespent' field to .csv results in numeric value

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2019

I am exporting a set of issues from a filter into a .csv file, In Jira the 'timespent' filed is  correctly as "4 days, 3 hours," but in the .csv file it shows as "97200."

Does anyone know the formula for converting this to hours? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2019

Hello @Scott Theus 

I tried an export in my JIRA, and the timespent seems to be in second in the .csv files. In my issue i have 1minute and in my csv i have 60.

You can add a cell with this formula

="cell ref"/86400

And format this cell to time (37:30:55) or whatever you want.

Hope this helps.

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2019

Thanks @Mohamed Benziane I was guessing it was in seconds as well. Your formula got me 90% there, it turns out I forgot that my time tracking settings are using a 6 hour day, not an 8 hour day, so when I converted hours to days it was way off. 

Using a 6 hour day got me the last 10%.

Suggest an answer